THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE JOIN US IN 2018-19 - FULL EVENTS LIST HERE >
Join us for this hour and a half workshop exploring movement and breath for stress and greater wellbeing.
We will come to the mat for a little practical study of the stress response as well as a really deliciously nourishing asana yoga practice to embody the learnings. We will look at:
- what is stress, really?
- stress and what happens in the body
- what tools we have available to us to understand this and see the signs
- how we can intervene and help sooth our nervous system and
- reduce symptoms of stress through breath and movement
As someone who has firsthand experience of stress and anxiety, in this workshop I aim to offer a compassionate, safe and supportive practice that provides students with key practical tools and a greater understanding and ownership of their wellbeing which they can take off the mat.
As the workshop is being offered in my private studio places are limited - I will only take 6 students - so please book in plenty of time.
I would also recommend attending the Yoga Class for Stress in July to get a feel for the physicality of the practice - just practice, no theory - to feel how it can nourish you.
Tea and cholocate will be offered ;)
If you have any questions please do let me know.
- Cost: £20
- Location: Light Space Private Studio is by Harlyn Primary School, HA5 - as this is a private studio, address is not published online but full details will be provided upon booking
- Equipment: The studio is fully equipped so no need for you to bring anything but I always advise students to use their own mat and blanket if they have one.